Saturday 5 December 2015

climate change poster no.2

This is my 2nd poster design
developing on the cons of my
previous poster. Using a similar
font to the last poster creates a
campaign theme particularly with
the 'THINK CHANGE' slogan.

Developing on the water concept I
wanted to also integrate a well known
brand or identity that a large audience
could connect with so that the subject
is still on the global crisis.

As a result I used packaging from the
juggernaut fast food chain Mc Donald's
to identify as the recognisable brand
in my poster concept.

Linking with the water leaking concept I
filled the packaging with water and ice cubes to
document the flooding of the packaging as a metaphor
for the current condition of the sea levels due to climate change.

I experimented flooding the packaging
with a number of different subjects as
well as colourising the water post
photography to distinctly depict the
flooding motion.




A number of different lighting options
were also experimented with to see if
it could convey the message more
powerfully.

flashed used to give shadow to the image
giving depth to the white background.



Although, I decided to go for an artificial light source
as well as a plain white background so that the image
corresponds to the brand theme of the mcdonald's
advertisement. Overall, I am really pleased with this
posters outcome as it portrays the climate change
message more aesthetically as well as feeling
familiar to a larger audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment