Monday 9 May 2016

FMP painting stencils

After laser cutting the acrylic to create a stencil
template, I went on to produce a number of screen
prints and other mark making mediums using the
stencil.

These images are a few steps I took to produce the
prints I will publish in my next post on the blog. 

As well as using the exterior material
of the acrylic I also wanted to use the
inside cuts of the material for mark
making experimentation.

For this I wanted to produce a stencil
on a cardboard backdrop so that I
could imitate the screen printing
methods used in Anthony Burrill's
work. 

For this I sanded down the glossy finish of the
acrylic lettering on one side so that the pva adhesive
would stick onto the letters.

This ensured that the letters were firmly stuck to the
cardboard and that the stencil would work efficiently
when more tactile mark making methods were applied.


No comments:

Post a Comment